In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Non-Coldplay Post

I know, you thought you'd never see another one of these, did you? But, it comes courtesy of books. Namely, my book of Robert Frost poems came today. Yay! And I started reading the last Twilight book. Yay with a twinge of sadness. Not just because it is the last book, but also because I'm rather disappointed. Yes, for the obvious reason and also for two others you might not have thought of. I'm not really that into the direction she's taking the story, it's just not as interesting to me as some of the possibilities I had imagined were. And also, I don't really like how she's approached the story that much, I can think of better ways she could have done it. Oh well. I'm not quite halfway through, so maybe it will turn around. Let's hope.

2 comments:

  1. I know isn't it sad when you read a book and think oh this will be cool but it turns out to be a boring book? Not that I have done this much but as I read more I expect this to happen. Did you see I finished the Red Badge of Courage on my good reads? I did and it was a fun little book. Now that I think about it that book didn't end quite like I thought it could have ended, but I enjoyed the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Well, I'm hopeful that the rest of the book won't be boring, even though I think I can see that she's not going to have it turn out the way I would.

    ReplyDelete