In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My nephew

Well, I have 5 nephews, but I'm talking about the youngest one (not mentioning his name for his own safety/privacy). I got to take care of him for a few hours on Saturday and it was wonderful! First of all, he is so incredibly beautiful. I do not exaggerate nor does this just reflect a natural bias. He has this great golden hair and just everything about him is perfect. Something he does that I think is so cute and adorable is that when he is sitting, he crosses his feet. If you haven't seen it, you must, it just tickles me. Anyhow, he is a real momma's boy, but even so, he didn't cry at all when he woke up Saturday morning and I was there and not his mom. He got to crawl around (he recently learned to do this and now does it quite well) and he even pulled himself up to stand by the ottoman (I was quite impressed). He got to play in the snow, and I really enjoyed that. The boy has more coats/outerwear than I have ever known a baby to have! I think that is partly because his mom loves the outdoors. We had fun talking to each other (well, he only says wow, but you know, the way a one year old talks) and he really liked it when I played with the toy car. Wow is how I felt the whole time. I felt so lucky to get to spend some one on one time with him.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree, he is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. Dellitt, I too want my turn.
    Just received a picture with his 3 front teeth showing. What a handsomeng man he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah he is alright with those ears of his:)

    ReplyDelete