In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Genealogy Saturday


Mom came up and we went to the genealogy library yesterday. She found people to do templework for and had me learn how to do a temple ready disk (so if any of you want to do this, I can help you). I researched in the same source I did last time (I'm now through page 54). I mostly found information on Foremans (that is Grandpa Lockhart's mother's line). I think before I am through, we will find we are related to everyone in that part of Virginia and West Virginia.

We had such a great time we are going again next Sunday. Anyone is welcome to come along. You can look for people to do templework for with Mom or research old records from Virginia with me, or choose to do something entirely different (and either one of us will be happy to help you).

1 comment:

  1. Dellitt and Mom just put us all to shame and one of these days I'm going to go and do genealogy for twenty-four hours straight just to make up for it.

    That's ridiculous. I can't even get my butt down to that place that's just 4 blocks from here for a couple of hours. So instead, what I'm going to do is just post on Dellitt's genealogy blog in full support of her endeavors, and say "Go team"!

    In all seriousness, I really do want to go do genealogy with Mom and Dellitt, and this Sunday, I would have gone if Dellitt weren't skipping out;)

    ReplyDelete