In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Another genealogy update

Saturday I went to the genealogy library with Mom. Mom looked up temple information and I looked through cemetery records. I found quite a bit. The most exciting thing I found, for me, was Fabra Wingerter. She is probably related to Barbara Dellet as her maiden name was Dellet. I think she is either a sister (this is the one I think is most likely), cousin, or niece. I wasn't expecting to find anything on Wingerters, but there she was. Anyhow, she was born in 1839 in Pennsylvania to John and Barbara Dellet and she died in Frederick County, Virginia on Nov 28, 1876 at age 37. Kind of a young age to die at. And isn't Fabra an interesting name? I'd never seen that before.

Next Sunday the BYU genealogy library is open and I plan to go. If you want to come along, just let me know. I would be happy to help you with anything you want to do.

3 comments:

  1. What Delli meant to say was that Fabra was Barbara Dellet's sister. The Barbara Dellet that is the daughter of Barbara and John Dellet and married to John Wingerter. Then Fabra would have married a Wingerter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've revised my theory on Fabra. I believe she is Barbara's niece, since she is the daughter of John Dellit and the birthdates are so much later than Barbara's own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new theories on Fabra Dellet. However, I have come across another family with Dellet ties that began in PA and wound up in Frederick County, Va, so I feel pretty sure that there is some connection, just need to figure out what it is exactly. Barbara Dellet Hartman married Franklin Phillips Kauffman and they had 11 children. At least 2 were born in Stonewall, Frederick County, Virginia in 1869 and 1871 (Sadie and Henry). Barbara was born in Manor Township, Lancaster County, PA in 1842 to Henry Hartman and Fannie Dellet. Fannie was born about 1816 in Pennsylvania. Her youngest son Christian was born in Ohio in 1854. This coincides with the time that Barbara Dellit and John Wingerter were in Ohio. By 1871 they were in Frederick County, VA. So excited to learn more about these Dellitts/Dellits/Dellets etc (there are a million ways to spell this name.)

    ReplyDelete