In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Song of the Day: Triple up day!

So, these are the songs of the day for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Til Kingdom Come (X & Y album, 2005), Politik (from A Rush of Blood to the Head, grammy award-winning album, 2002), and In My Place, also from A Rush of Blood to the Head. Coldplay wrote Til Kingdom Come to be performed with Johnny Cash, but he died before he was able to do so. I really like all three songs. Chris really got in to his performance of Politik (which was done at the Grammys)! In My Place was the song that was a hit of the three songs. So, that means we get a music video for the song, a nice acoustic version with just Chris and Johnny playing, and another acoustic version that has the piano also (the video is just a slideshow, though), and a live performance at Glastonbury in 2005 (check out the awesome red guitar Guy has). Which is your favorite? Even though In My Place was the one I recognized, I rather think I like Til Kingdom Come best.

Adblock


Adblock


Adblock


Adblock


Adblock

No comments:

Post a Comment