In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Not so new, but new to me

GIRLS

Neferu - Egyptian
Egyptian hieroglyphs of Neferu's name


Sewirum-Uprat - Hurrian. I have not found the meaning of the name and I don't yet know how it is pronounced, but I think it's beautiful! I am completely taken with the Hurrians. I had forgotten about them but I remember being fascinated with them before, a long time ago. Right now such terrible things are happening where those people lived, or in part of where their people lived. This is the region where ISIS has established itself and other factions - where Turkey meets Syria and Iraq.

BOYS

Kawain, Kymothy, and Tyriq- these are names I saw on a news story, two individuals named Kawain and Kymothy-Tyriq. Still need to research them though.

Wolfram - Germanic, from "wulf" meaning "wolf" and "hraban" meaning "raven. These were the animals that accompanied the Norse god Odin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment