In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lee D. Shoup

oops! I forgot to include this in the post on Laura Mae Wingerter. This is her son Lee.

1930 Census for Green, Wayne County, Ohio

Lee Shoup age 22 born in Ohio, parents both born in Ohio
Irene Shoup age 19 (wife) born in Ohio, both parents born in Ohio


Ohio Deaths 1908-1932, 1938-1944, 1958-2002

Lee D. Shoup
Birthdate 14 Jul 1907
Holmes County, Ohio
Died 28 May 1993
2:00 a.m. at home
Wayne County
Age 85
Mother's maiden name: Wingerter
Widowed
Education: 10
Agricultural Production, crops
Farmer

Lee is my 2nd cousin twice removed (we are 1 generation closer than I and his mother Laura, but he is one generation farther away from our common ancestors John Wingerter and Barbara Dellit -who are his great-grandparents, so 2 generations past his parents and then 2 generations separate Lee and I). He would be a 2nd cousin once removed to my mother, as they are one generation closer to each other but the common ancestor is still 2 generations away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment