In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Beach

I like the idea of setting a goal to go to the beach and swim in the ocean. This relates to a lot of goals I have for my life, including physical health, saving money for a long-term goal, and planning to do something fun with people. So, what is the best beach to set this goal for? Give me a few options, but keep them as inexpensive as possible. Just affording a trip period will be about what I'll be able to manage. Imagining that I had the perfect everything for the trip, including enough money, I think I would really love to go the south of France, Italy, Spain, somewhere like that. But I think that requires an awful lot more planning and money and it's harder to get other people to do the same to go on a trip like that with you. But if you say, I'm going to California, wanna come? I think it's easier to find people to go with you. So let me hear your suggestions of where I should plan to go.

2 comments:

  1. If you want your swim to be a warm swim then you need to go to the gulf of Mexico anywhere from texas to Florida. If you don't mind wearing a wet suit then california is just fine. I've been to a beach in north carolina, southern california, and northern california. The northern california water was cold. The southern california was bearable and the east coast was such a long time ago I don't really remember. Anyhow, I say go to california it's close it's beautiful and if you've never been it's a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just prefer to go to Scotland and find my ancestors. Boring to some but better than drowning.

    ReplyDelete