In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Genesis 1:21 - Done

I now have the rest of verse 21 down pat, and, as you know, am doing my best with that whole "And the Egyptians made the Children of Israel to serve with rigour" in Exodus. I've also picked verse 1 of Leviticus back up. Change of scenery, cue the tent and vast uninhabited desert scenery. "And God called unto Moses out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying". I have to remember to keep things simple and easy. I add in words that aren't there. When I feel confident with verse 1 of Leviticus I can move on to verse 2. God gives Moses instructions for how sacrifices should be made. The nitty gritty details of life. You can think of it as religion, in a way it is, but mostly I just think of it like the Health Department. Have you any idea how many rules and policies those people have? God seems a little less picky when you put it in perspective.

I love the Exodus story. It is so moving and inspirational. And even in Leviticus, I think, see, Moses didn't give up on God even when he droned on and on about how to properly cut up a sheep. He paid attention, took notes, briefed everybody. Threw up his hands, certainly. He got pissed. But, he stuck with it.

And those are the bare facts folks. A lot of the inspiration we need in life is not how to mount an insurmountable obstacle. It's how to keep on with the tedium of life and still want to keep at it. Maybe not when you're 25. Nothing is tedious at 25. It's only somewhat tedious at 30. But trust me. You'll get there. Unless you have a hormone disorder or something, it will get tedious.

Open Exodus, Leviticus, and end with Genesis. Nothing like "And God said, Let there be light, and there was light" to make things seem better.

No comments:

Post a Comment