In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Progress

Well, I just wanted to brag about myself to everyone (everyone being 4 or 5 of my family members). I am so proud that this week I have been really good about my exercise and diet goals. I didn't exercise yesterday (but I didn't get home from work till 9:30 pm) and I'm probably not going to today and I did drink two pops today, but otherwise, I've done really well. I also feel like I have really integrated this habit of eating vegetables at lunch into my routine. I was happy to snack on a plum and celery stick today instead of candybars. I also am now noticing how many calories are in the food choices I'm making and have a list of foods I frequently eat on my desk at home and also at my desk at work. The goal is to try to consume around 1500 calories a day, because I guess you're supposed to eat between 1200 and 1500 a day to lose weight (though someone pointed out if I'm just eating less calories, even if it's more than 1500, I'll probably start to lose weight). I'm hopeful that as I keep with it, I'll also be able to gradually exercise longer. Right now my walks can be more than 5 minutes, but I've had trouble doing yoga for more than 5. The other progress I've made is that my desk at work is clean. Hopefully I can keep it that way from now on.

Anyway, if you would like to brag about yourself in some way, please post a reply!

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Well first off I am very excited to hear that you are accomplishing your goals! I had food poisoning sunday night so my goal to get to the gym did not happen till thursday. However I did start to swim at the gym which has been a long time desire of mine to learn how to swim laps at the pool:) I have had to do the same thing you've done dellitt just start with little goals and slowly work up. I am excited that we are doing this even if it is just a few of our family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been trying to keep track of our food on this site http://www.fitday.com/. It's free and you can even keep track of your exercise (which includes all sorts of practical things like walking or housework). It's been helpful, even if it's not perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool. I don't think I ever have swum laps before. If I ever do lose enough weight, I will be able to go swimming again. That would be cool. I will have to check out your website Beth. Ang might like that, too, because I know she keeps track of what she eats.

    ReplyDelete