In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everybody had a good new year's eve.

I came up with several new resolutions for this year. I'll just share one. Feel free to post your New Year's resolutions also.

Give up my tv habit.

4 comments:

  1. This new year's Beth and I were in Rexburg. We played Jeopardy and I sucked but it was fun cause Beth said I was cheating by using the internet to answer the questions.
    I only have one new years goal: to read The Catcher In The Rye. I have said I need to watch less tv but that never worked so I decided to make goals that did not involve watching tv this way I was accomplishing 2 goals at once but if I watch tv I don't feel guilty.
    Anyhow, good luck with your goal and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to read The Catcher in the Rye but never have.

    So I have prioritized my tv and decided to only have 3 shows I HAVE to watch and possibly only 2 (this depends on whether I wind up volunteering with this organization or not). My 2 must-see shows are Lost and Survivor. My third show is Medium. I had to do this, because otherwise I wind up making too many exceptions. It doesn't mean I can't watch more tv than this, but just that these are the shows I give up other activities for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Dellitt!! I'm sure you can do more useful things than watch tv. I think too much sitting is bad for our health. I too want to do things that cause me to move!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can't say I've done a stellar job on this goal, but last week I decided not to feel the need to watch Heroes and Medium on Monday night so I could do stuff with family. We'll see how I do this week.

    ReplyDelete