Thursday, October 23, 2008

Song of the Day: What a wonderful world

Yes, Coldplay's cover of Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World. Obviously, they didn't do the whole song. So here it is, performed by the man himself, a rather slender-looking, Louis Armstrong. And, I just thought for comparison, I would give you the video of a lady named Eva Cassidy performing this song. I actually like her version even better than Louis Armstrong's. Apparently, she's died already, and I never even knew who she was till I was writing this post. She died at 33 of skin cancer (in 1996) and I guess her music wasn't really that well-known while she was alive.

A little history on the song. It was written by Bob Thiele and George Weiss and first recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1968.





No comments:

Post a Comment