In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Genesis 1:25

I've got Genesis 1:24 under my belt now, and 25.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth, after his kind; and God saw that it was good.

I'm now working on verse 26, which brings Man onto the scene.

And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air.


Something like that. There's more, which I still need to learn.

In Exodus I am now at the part where the king of Egypt is getting increasingly morbid.

And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives

the rest of that verse tells who they were, but I'm not sure I've quite got the wording correct:

of which the name of the one was Shiphra and the name of the other Puah.

Leviticus, I believe, I have the first two verses down pat now. I'm ready to work on verse 3!

Numbers, I have all of the first down, finally and am ready to start memorizing verse 2.

Deuteronomy, I have the first verse memorized also and can now move on to the 2nd verse.

I have begun memorizing the first verse of Joshua, so far I have:

Now after the death of Moses, the servant of the Lord, it came to pass

I have also started with verse 1 of Judges, and have:

Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass

The Book of Ruth begins:

Now it came to pass

and then it says something like "in the days when the judges ruled"

1 Samuel 1:1 begins
Now there was a certain man of Ramathaim-zophim

But I haven't memorized the rest of that verse yet.

2 Samuel, I believe, begins with Now it came to pass, but then follows up with possibly 'that Moab rebelled' or maybe it just starts 'Then Moab rebelled'.

1Kings 1:1 is easy to begin with, saying
Now King David was old and stricken in years

2 Kings 1:1, though, I cannot recall for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment