In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

No Need to Squint, those ARE new names you see!

Well, new to me, anyhow. Somewhat old, in fact. I came across these in genealogy research tonight (Maryland in the first days of the Republic).



Girls


Lethea -  there was an Alethea a few lines before this, so I'm guessing that Lethea was either her nickname or someone else was called this, either for a nickname or as a given name. Alethea, a Greek name, is not new to me. Lethea is though.

Levisa -  I think it is probably just a phonetic spelling of Louisa, but as said by a German speaker.

Rhodoe - I think it's Rhoda, but still need to look and see if this might be something else.

Taris



Boys


Baston - No, not Bastian, but just Baston.

Tylas

No comments:

Post a Comment