In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

New Names, in Spanish, Please

I came across these Spanish names while doing background checks for my work. They were new to me, though I'm sure they've been around a while. I think there are a few that are not Spanish, but I'm not really sure what language they are.

GIRLS


Jaquea

Toris

Verenice - I'm sure this is just an alternate spelling of Berenice, since the B and V are said the same in Spanish. But I have met Spanish speakers who use the English pronunciation of a letter, such as saying the J in Jasmine, instead of pronouncing it more like 'Yas meen'. It's so gorgeous like this - Verenice. Pronounced 'bear eh nee say'. It's even still nice if said in English, pronouncing the v as a v. 'ver niece'.




BOYS


Celso - the Spanish version of Celsius. It's just so odd to run into a modern person named Celso

Efren - I have probably encountered this before, but I am more accustomed to Efrain (eh fry een) than 'eh fren'

Maurilio - this would be said 'mao real ee oh'

No comments:

Post a Comment