In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

And there's more where THAT came from!

It's been a while since I shared some of the unusual names I've run into. Here are a few with a promise that I'll post more another day. It's possible that some of the names aren't as unusual as others, like LaVonne, still, they seemed interesting and worth knowing more about, especially more about their origin.

Girls

Ehrengard

LaVonne

Laerke

Melior

Palatyne

Pressyne



Boys

Abargi - Sumerian, name of a king of the ancient city of Ur (more well-known as the biblical Abraham's hometown).

Ormsby

Shulgi - Sumerian, name of a king of the ancient city of Ur


UNSURE OF GENDER

Couldrette or Coudrette

No comments:

Post a Comment