In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Monday, July 15, 2024

Names that Belong to Each other

I found these two names in a genealogy post by my distant cousin. Deco and Volta were married to each other. On a very awesome note, Deco's middle name was Dacy, a name I love but had never thought of for a boy. Deco was a mid-century fellow so I love imagining him relaxing in a clam chair with a glass side table, and the phonograph playing band music, while Volta wants to turn it off and turn on the radio to hear Edna St. Vincent Millay recite one of her poems. 

GIRLS


Volta 


BOYS


Deco

No comments:

Post a Comment