In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Additional Names from "Who's Who in Colored America" 1942

GIRLS


Ambia

Judia

Lizena - middle name, but it caught my attention so I wanted to include it

Myrl - this was a middle name, but it was an interesting spelling so I wanted to include it

Mytrolene

Plymouth


BOYS


Albon - his father was named this as well

Chalmers

DeHart

Donorell

Egerton

Hall

Jeremyer - this was a middle name, but since the spelling resembles the way Jeremiah sounds in some places I thought it was good to include it

Kemper

Lather - son of Vertis, below

Legolian

Mayo

Prather

Vertis - father of Lather, above

Virnal - I thought this was an interesting spelling of Vernal

No comments:

Post a Comment