In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Friday, September 20, 2019

Still More Names from Who's Who in America 1904

GIRLS


Tryphosa



BOYS


Amzi

Barton

Don Carlos

Foster

Gershom

Kemp - 

Lewellys

Ohio Columbus - both a first and middle name I think. He ran the Diamond Match Company (pretty sure these are the matches we always buy) and went by his initials, O.C.

Outram

Pope - this was the man's first name and he was a U.S. senator from Georgia, Pope Barrow.


Roberts - I am still fascinated by using Roberts instead of Robert

Sherburn

Tarleton

Thurlow

Truxtun

Waltman 

Wharton 

Wingrove

Wolcott

No comments:

Post a Comment