Sunday, November 15, 2015

Exodus 1 Exited

I now have memorized completely the first chapter of Exodus. Quite a moving scene to end with. If a movie ended this way you'd be able to count on a sequel. The last sentence, as spoken by Pharaoh to 'all his people':

Every son that is born shall ye cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.

I'm working on Leviticus now (and of course, continuing to practice Genesis 1 and Exodus 1). They've killed the bullock and built a fire. There are 17 verses and I have memorized 6 and am working on the 7th (where they build the fire).

I've managed to learn the names of every book of the Bible in order (that was a feat in itself). I'm working on knowing the first word of each book now. I've about got the New Testament on that order. Even a few first verses. The Old Testament is a bit more of a challenge that way.

Numbers is moving on at a snail's pace. I have memorized the first 5. Verses 6 through 15 list the names of the men that God said would stand with Moses from every tribe. I've got the tribe of Reuben in verse 5 (Elizur the son of Shedeur. No, I do not know how to say Shedeur.)

Deuteronomy has moved on a bit better. Maybe as more is happening there.

No comments:

Post a Comment