In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Friday, July 20, 2012

What you can do with a little thread and a flour sack

 

This  pillow was made from a flour sack and embroidered, I think. Anyhow, belonged to President Herbert Hoover, not sure who gave it to him, part of an exhibit of embroidered flour sacks from WWI at his presidential library. Not where I usually wind up when looking for cool embroidery!

I loved seeing what people had done with flour sacks. There was a cute set of bloomers made from flour sacks that said American Commission down one side, and another jacket made from flour sacks.

Some of it was quite amazing, but this was my favorite. I would not have guessed it was a pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment