In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Senator John Lockhart

I came across a John Lockhart who was a senator in the state of Kansas in 1861 (click here to see him recorded in the Senate Journal). However, I don't know if he was any relative of mine or not yet. The candidate I have is John Wesley O'Dell Lockhart, son of Josiah Lockhart and Nancy O'Dell, who moved to Missouri and died there in 1883. But I do not know if he spent any time in Kansas or if he was in the state senate there.

No comments:

Post a Comment