In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Song of the Day: Triple up Day again

Yep, I've been a slacker again. So the three songs for today are A Ghost/Merry Little Christmas, Songbird, and Live Forever (featuring Noel Gallagher), all three are from the Unplugged album. A Ghost/Merry Little Christmas is very nice, even though it seems to just be Chris and not the whole band. Lovely piano music and Chris has the perfect voice for this song (or songs). Apparently Songbird is an Oasis song and this is Coldplay's cover so I've included a performance by Oasis of the song (it sounds very different to me from the Coldplay version. I like Coldplay's version better). As for Live Forever, this is another Oasis song and I guess Noel Gallagher is a member of Oasis. So, again, I've included the Oasis version of the song. This song is fine, but I liked A Ghost/Merry Little Christmas and Songbird better. And as for the Oasis version, I really don't like the lead singer's voice. Other than that, I like their version.










No comments:

Post a Comment