In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Abundant Name Finds in "Who's Who in America 1904"

GIRLS


Linnie



BOYS


Birge - another fellow that went by his middle name

Bostwick
 
Burdett
 
Caldwell

Childe

Colbert

Fairfax
 
Hall -  this man chose to go by his middle name

Hastings

Hjalmar- 
 
Kittredge

McDougall
 
Mellen
 
Merriman

Purnell

Rollin

Rush

Sadakichi - another guy that chose to go by his middle name. He had both German and Japanese ancestry.

Valery - because I had not previously realized Valery was ever used on boys

2 comments:

  1. These are all first names? If so, I've never heard of Valery as a boy's name either. Rollin is interesting as well as Kittredge.
    P.S. Love you blog :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, except for some names that were middle names, but I indicate that, and only when they went by that name instead of their first name.
      I've seen Rollin and Kittredge as last names, of course, and last names as first names was a big trend in the 19th century.
      Thank you for the compliment. I love it when someone posts a comment, so I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete