In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

And the nominees are...

Coldplay has been nominated for 7 Grammy awards. The only person to get more this year was a rapper called Lil Wayne. Coldplay is nominated for the following:

- Record Of The Year (Viva La Vida)
- Album Of The Year (Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends)
- Song Of The Year (Viva La Vida)
- Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals (Viva La Vida)
- Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals (Violet Hill)
- Best Rock Song (Violet Hill)
- Best Rock Album (Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends)


I am very happy about this, of course. I think they should win all 7 categories, but if they can only win a few, I want them to win Album of the Year and Best Song or Record. I think it goes without saying that I will be watching the Grammys on February 8th.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I think cold play is fine some of their music apeals to me while most of it does not.
    I have been listening to DMB lots lately one of my favorite songs is don't drink the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and something I learned about beth is she really loves icecream cakes from dairy queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen?

    ReplyDelete